Jas is a technologist, geek marketer, blogger, advisor and occasional speaker. As AVG.com’s Head of Communities, he manages their social media properties and specialises in building and engaging with communities across the web.
A seasoned social media practitioner, he has helped businesses of all sizes to grow their Facebook, Twitter and YouTube audiences. Born and bred in London, he’s passionate about technology and social anthropology. Prior to AVG, Jas launched the social media strategy for Microsoft’s Most Valuable Professional program.
Through his experience working with small businesses and large corporates, he delivers talks with passion, enthusiasm and keeps audiences inspired with real life stories from the trenches. “Puncturing the hyperbole”, his talks are filled with genuine insights. In 2011, his work with the AVG Team earned a coveted Computer Weekly award, for best use of Social Media in the private sector.
What I Speak About:
I have presented at conferences on a range of topics relating to digital marketing, personal branding, social media and storytelling. Below are a sample of my recent talks:
- Social Marketers Summit, Prague
- Useful Social Media – Customer Services Summit, New York
- Panel discussion: What’s trending in social media, Thinking Digital, Newcastle
- Citigate Social: Facebook for Business
- Chinwag Insight – Facebook Marketing
- Entrepreneur Country Summer Workshop – The Birth of the Digital Office
- Postgraduate Futures 2011 – University of Salford
- TechMAP London – B2B Digital & Social Marketing Masterclass – What we’ve learned!
- University of Southampton
If you would like me to speak at your event, please contact me here